Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Baby update.

Went to the doctor yesterday. I'm 36 weeks which means the "checking" begins.
Started with my weight and blood pressure. I don't look at the scale any more. It makes me nautious. And then I set off the alarm on the blood pressure machine. Too high. Boo.
So they made me lay down for 10 minutes to see if it would come down. Still too high. I tried to explain that the anticipation of being half-naked in the doctors office may have something to do with the high blood-pressure. The doc still didn't like it.
They tested for Strep-B (which I was positive for with Mya so I imagine I'll still have to have the antibiotics). And then the doctor actually asked me if I wanted him to check my cervix this time or wait. Um, do I WANT you to?? No, actually, I'd rather you not have to check me EVER and keep your hands to yourself but there's really no way around that.
I already had my pants off so we may as well. I assured him I would be a zero since I never dialated with the girls.
Turns out I'm almost a 2 and 50% effaced (whatever effaced means). And I laughed an ironic laugh. Because this is the ONE month where it would be quite inconvenient if he actually came early. Once I hit a 3, watch out. The baby's coming.
So he told me to "take it easy". Have you met my kids?? And the other bundle of little girls in the neighborhood that frequent my house daily? Take it easy is NOT in the vocabulary around here.
For now, I'm scheduled to be induced on the 28th. We're hoping that's the date and not anything earlier (though I'd LOVE to not be pregnant anymore). I'd like to enjoy Christmas without crying the entire day from post-baby hormones. Should be an interesting few weeks.

And for those of you who have requested a "fat" photo on the blog. . . Not gonna happen. It's hard enough to avoid mirrors. I don't need it posted for all the Internet to see. So if you wanna see it, it's going to have to be in person (Jaimi). :)

6 comments:

Mommy McD said...

The 28th is a GREAT day to give birth! It was pretty lucky for me anyway...

Unknown said...

Too funny. I feel your pain about the December birthday thing. I was actually in the hospital on Christmas Eve with Brandon. (SJ)

Rebecca said...

I am laughing as I read this. Probably because I can actually "hear" you. So excited for you and I would be okay with sharing my birthday. ;) We all know what happend with my 3rd. It's the charm.

Steph said...

I was positive with my first for strep-b and negative with my second...which I was happy about because I could taste the antibiotics..could you?

That's exciting that you're already progressing-but I hope you get to enjoy Christmas as well. Everything post-partum sucks Christmas morning. Good luck 'taking it easy'. :)

Jaimi said...

C'MOOOOOONNNNNN. I do NOT want to whine on your blog. But I will. I have two of the best little teachers in the world :) GIVE US A PICTURE!!! And I'm voting for Roberto Ralph Ross to join the world earlier than the 28th. Cuz then you'll be home when we finally make it to UT!!!! YIPPEE!!!!

Devyre' said...

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! Common baby Devyre'!!! Wah Hoo!!! You can call him Dev for short. Then on your next child you can name it after Chalis and then you will have my whole family; Mya Devyre' and Chalis!!