I took Carter to the doctor today. Jaida and Mya came as well. Taking 3 kids anywhere is exhausting, especially the doctor. And I'm pretty sure the doctor was exhausted by the end as well as she endured the constant noise coming from my 3 children.
After a lengthy conversation (we don't usually need to talk to the doctor much considering I happen to have a personal doctor at my disposal anytime--thank you dad) with the doctor, it was determined that Carter is a baby. :) And will outgrow many of his ailments. Perfect.
So today we're grateful he's healthy. Albeit with colic and reflux.
Last night he projectile vomited across the kitchen. It was awesome. And then he fell asleep. After hours and hours of crying.
But in all honesty, it has become my normal and we're tolerating it pretty well. Because I can still squeeze and kiss him when he's crying. Which sometimes makes him more mad. And then makes me laugh. Which I need sometimes when I'm on the verge of crying right along with him.
He weighs 14 pounds. 14 pounds. He's 2 months old. Try lugging around a 14 pound watermelon for 4-5 hours every night. It's a killer on the back. Thank you Lortab!
For reference, Jaida weighed 16 pounds when she turned one. Pretty sure this kid is going to be romping (it's a word) on his sisters in no time. It'll be good for them.
So a note to myself:
Dear Lindsay,
In a few years when you think it's time to have another baby (yes, I still want more), just remember. And then re-consider. :) And then have one anyway because they're more than worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for your "Dear Lindsay"...made me cry. They are SO worth it..but dang it's hard when they are like that! So hard. You're a good mom. I feel funny commenting on Jaimi's friends blog..but I do check in on your cute family now and again, and it's hard not to comment when you have me in tears over here! So thanks for that.
If you haven't heard of it, go buy an ergo baby (or have grandma and grandpa buy it for you). It is a life changing baby carrier. It wraps the baby's legs around your hips and will keep him upright on your chest to help with his reflux and most importantly, save your back. Elsie sleeps like a champ in hers. I'd be happy to give you a tutorial.
Post a Comment