**I have what appears to be strep throat (but I'm not paying to get tested). Pretty awesome. It hurts.
**Jaida broke out in hives all over her body for 2 days in a row. No idea what caused it. I gave her Benadryl and lathered her up with hydricortisone cream. Hopefully they don't come back. They were itchy.
**Mya likes to fall in a heap and sob lately. And nothing consoles her. She just sobs. For various reasons. At first it was kinda sad. Now it's getting old.
**Mike got elbowed in the head during basketball. He said it hurt. Bad.
**Carter has acid reflux and colic. 8pm to 1am-ish at our house are super fun. If anyone's bored and is really good at "baby bouncing" and "shhhhhing" you're welcome to come over. :) My back be hurty. He also possibly has torticollis. In case you're wondering, it's when someone's head leans to one side. He's supposed to go to physical therapy for it which of course our insurance doesn't cover. Awesome.
And though this may all sound negative, we're doing good. Seriously. I'm grateful. For a baby whose very minor health issues are temporary and curable. For a baby that i get to snuggle and hold and enjoy. For a baby that's alive (seems like too many are dying lately). Grateful for a helpful, attentive, observant husband. Grateful for 2 little girls who still make me laugh even when I want to squish them sometimes. We're lucky. And I recognize that every day.
So even if my throat is on fire, I'm averaging 4 hours of decent sleep a night, my girls cry about nothing, and Carter is fussy for hours each night, I really am happy, and grateful, and surviving. Here's to a good year ahead.
On a funnier note, a conversation between Mya and her dad:
Mike: "Mya. It's time to get rid of the binky. The binky fairy is going to come take all your binkies. What do you want her to bring you?"
Mya (without hesitation): "A hundred dollars"
On second thought, keep the binkies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Go for the $100. Put it in a "bank account." By the time she wants it, it will 2012.
Glad you are doing well. I know that kind of happiness. It's the best kind.
You should call Jill. Jackson has torticullis also. They have been through it all with him and still are. Carter is such a cutie. Can't wait to see him.
Mya, what a character!
K, McQueen and Babe had torticollis, although McQueen's was totally the worse (but Babe's head molded because of hers). Good news is, you don't need PT. Ask Dr. Valentine, or I can show you how to do the PT stretches yourself. Or Google it. It's not fun, the baby hates it, but it works. You also might want to invest in a bumbo, if you don't have one. Once he can control his head (around 2 months-ish, right?) you can stick him in the Bumbo so he doesn't pull his head to one side and end up in a HELMET, like Babe. Now THAT is expensive and definitely not covered by insurance. (Well, it is, but we have a $3000 deductible and it costs about that.)
Also, don't leave him in his carseat for long if he does have torticollis, esp. as he gets older (ie can control his head). I swear this is how Babe ended up with a molded head at around 4-5 months. No amount of Bumbo time helped at that point. Oh, and since I am overflowing with advice (unsolicited at that!), you may want to consider those side-sleeping wedges, too. I think I still have mine if you want it. You can have it.
Sorry about the throat.
strep????? send your kids over asap!
Man, to be a fly on your wall... I hope your little guy keeps getting better and you can get more sleep.
Post a Comment