Monday, February 22, 2010

Disneyland. Finally.

Oh Disneyland. You were everything we imagined. We had a blast. We talked Mike's brother and sister into going with us. Besides being pregnant and miserable and not being able to ride anything, it was a successful trip. The girls loved the princess's. We spent ridiculous amounts of time tracking them down. Mya did NOT like the dressed up characters (anyone in a big suit). She was particularly not fond of Pluto. She screamed. Hysterically. Jaida's favorite ride was the tea cups. That was one of the few moments I was glad I was pregnant. Mike took her on those more times than I can remember. Mya didn't want to ride anything. At one point she said she'd "stay and watch the strollers for us." Nice try. I forced her to go on Dumbo. She cried the entire time we were in line. And of course ended up loving it. I don't think it will be a trip we do often, but we may go back sometime. I think we're more cut out for Lake Powell, but we had a ton of fun.

And now I give you Disneyland in pictures. Starting with my favorite. Only because it makes me laugh outloud everytime. I know what Mike was trying to do but it just looks funny.




































































4 comments:

Rebecca said...

So fun!!

Clarke and Kamie said...

yea! disneyland pics! I still think you were pretty brave to go as prego as you were (and DROVE, nonetheless!). I am such a disneyland fanatic--it looks soooo fun. I am ready to get out of here and go there. But PLUTO is the most menacing character? REALLY Mya??? So funny. Kaia screamed when Cruella DeVille tried to talk to her, but I even think she's creepy.

Jaimi said...

I wonder when Peter Pan decided he wanted to "grow up" and be "Peter" at Disneyland. And the trip looked like a blast. We are distraught we weren't the ones that got to go with you. Sadness.

kristin said...

the one of you and mya on dumbo makes me laugh!! Her face is so funny!! and tell mike i was really proud to see his hands up in the air on one of the rides- he was totally getting into it!!