Monday, July 16, 2012

Insane

The blog, the house, everything really has fallen a little behind.  Even more so since I started exercising again a few months ago.  I figured after a 13 month hiatus it was time to quit being chubby.  And grossly out of shape.  So instead of easing back into things, I decided to go big.  And start doing Insanity.  And it's just that.  Insane.  Super hard.  But such a "good" hurt.  I do it during Caleb's morning nap.  Often the other 3 kids do it with me.  Which makes it a tad harder because I'm trying not to laugh.  Carter has some killer "high knees", Jaida's an expert at "hit the floor" and Mya loves to do the mummy kicks and giggles the entire time she's doing it, and then says "I'm going to have killer abs, Mom".
I gained 50 pounds with Caleb.  Yes, fifty.  But we planned for him to be our last baby so I ate whatever I wanted and just got big.  Real big.  Turns out gaining 50 pounds is WAY easier than losing 50 pounds.  And after baby number four, the pounds weren't melting off as I had hoped.
So far, I've lost 21 pounds (after losing 20 just from having the baby and nursing).  And I've had to work crazy hard for every pound.  Insanity 6 days a week and a complete nutrition over haul.  It's been so good for the entire family.  We're all eating much healthier and I feel better than I think I ever have.  Even better than when I ran a marathon.
I have a million excuses why exercise didn't fit into my life right now.  But it jumped to the top of the list for various reasons.  High on the list is being a good example to my kids, teaching them about health and nutrition, and actually doing what I'm telling them is good for them to do.  The girls are much more conscious about what they put into their bodies.  They ask "Is this healthy" all the time and they join me in exercise.  The best part is that I'm not on a diet.  Nothing is restricted (and I truly mean that) and I still eat treats occasionally.  The great thing about exercise is that when I do it, my body naturally craves healthier foods.
My end goal isn't a certain weight.  I truly don't care what I weigh.  Just want to feel good and be in good shape.
And maybe one day run another marathon.  And possibly a triathalon.  Just gotta learn how to swim first.  Minor detail.


2 comments:

Mommy McD said...

WOOOOOOTTTTTT! SO excited to read this post! So glad for you, for all of you.

Jacqui said...

Did you do all six weeks? I've been wondering how this works. I looked it up and then backed out. Wimpy wimpy. What would your follow up review be? Do you have killer abs? :)

I gained 55 with Eliza. what a PIG. The I lost 18 lbs. EIGHTEEN. Ugh. Still working on the last 10...five years later. May need a little Insanity in my life.