Saturday, January 19, 2008

My friend Franny

These are pictures of one of my friends from my Guru's day (I used to be a manager at Guru's restaurant. . .which sadly isn't around anymore). Her name is Francisca. It's an interesting friendship considering she only speaks Spanish and my Spanglish is definitely lacking. We get by though. She understands some simple English and I understand some simple Spanish. And Mike fills in when needed (thanks babe!). Franny worked in the kitchen at Guru's and quickly became one of my favorite people. She's just pure. Such a good person and made my job as a manager soooooo much easier. Love her.

Here's Franny with her daughter Lindsay. Yes, she named her Lindsay. My little Mexican namesake! Love her. This girls got more energy than most kids I know and she's a little fireball. Must be the name!



My girls with Lindsay. It took a LOT of persuading to get Lindsay to sit still long enough to do this. She just kept saying "No Quiero" (I don't want to). And Jaida was really bent that Lindsay wouldn't play with her. Jaida kept trying to talk to her and couldn't quite grasp why Lindsay wouldn't respond (she doesn't speak English). My favorite was Lindsay said "Cheese" (in English) when I took the picture. ha ha

1 comment:

camihubrich said...

Wow! I was so excited to see Fransisca and her little girl! I can't believe how big she is. I love that you posted about them, it made my day. She is definitely one of the hardest working, most genuine people that I know. Gotta love Franny.