Saturday, January 5, 2008
Time-out. . . .useless!
So Jaida is going through one of her "phases" that require a LOT of endurance patience. I can't even remember what she had done, but she was on her way to time-out in her room. I was carrying her and she was singing (to the tune of nana-nana-nana) "Jaida's going to time-out". She was pretty upset about it as you can tell. Once I got her in her room, I closed the door and held on (there's no lock on the outside so I have to hold the door to keep her in). I could hear her on the other side of the door saying "I can't deal with this anymore. So stupid." She was talking to herself. Time-out really does nothing for her. I'm reading all the parenting books I can and so far the methods are not very effective yet. Jaida's REALLY good at finding ways around them. Some people have recommended spanking. When I told Jaida I was going to spank her, she turned around, stuck her butt towards me, and said "spank me mom. . . spank me." I had to walk away. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sounds like you've got a smart kid on your hands.
Hey here's an idea - if there is a lock on the inside of her door (probably not - but just in case) - switch the door handle around so the lock is on the outside. Then you don't have to sit and hold the door! It worked wonders for me when Courtney was that age!
Wow, I feel really sorry for you. My child would never even disobey, let alone challenge my authority. Actually, Emma is practically perfect. It is too bad that you have to deal with that.
HA! Ya, right. Emma and Jaida are probably in cahoots, and share strategies while we aren't paying attention!
Nathan just says laughing, "That didn't hurt." Urgh!
I love reading your posts about Jaida. I just remember how hard you used to laugh at Dev and his tantrums. It brightens my day to hear a Jaida story. I can't wait to see what Mya is like in a few months.
You are seriously hilarious. I love getting on your blog and reading your funny posts. Olivia was SO difficult, and nothing really ever worked for her. Spanking, a last resort, would make worse. She'd look at me with defiance, challenging me to do it again! So fun!! ;)
I did do what STeph suggested. It worked wonders, but usually her room would be fairly thrashed.
Post a Comment