Monday, October 13, 2008

Family Home Evening at our House.

We don't have one of those nifty FHE boards to help you decide who does what. So I let Jaida be in charge of the assignments. I usually give her a little bribe to put Dad in charge of the lesson, and me in charge of the prayer or song. But lately she has decided to put herself in charge of the lesson. And you can only imagine the possiblities from there.
She stands up by the TV, insists our complete and undivided attention, holds her scriptures and her primary song book, and the sermon begins.
A few weeks ago we learned about the vision Nephi had about Laman and Lemuel and "Adinnerplate" (we think she meant Abinadi). She then proceeded to tell us why Jesus is sad when people don't get baptized and how Noah built a boat. This went on for about 10 minutes while I covered my face, trying to make my eyes look serious while hiding the smile on my face.
After 15 minutes of very jumbled gospel facts (a mixture of things we've taught her as well as things I'm assuming she learned in primary or absorbed during sacrament meeting), we told her it was time to rap it up. So she did with a very enthusiastic "Amen."
We sang another song (usually the "Hello, hello" song mainly because Mya can sing it with us), and prayed, again (we like to do things twice around here--repetition is the mother of all learning, right dad). After a brief pause she said "Let's start over." Um. . .maybe next Monday.

Oh. And in case any of you don't know, there's a new article of faith. According to Miss Jaida, it goes like this:
"We believe in God, the soul, Jesus Christ, and so forth. We believe in one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all and so forth."
Get it memorized people. The song is coming next.

And for anyone out there who has NO IDEA what I was talking about during this entire post, check out this site for more info, or I'd be happy to send you a book that would clear things up. (Missionary work--check).

9 comments:

Chad and Amy said...

That is hiliarious! My girls are all about doing their visiting teaching!

Steph said...

haha I love the "let's start over". She sounds like a funny girl!

Steph said...

haha I love the "let's start over". She sounds like a funny girl!

April said...

how I love that girl!

camihubrich said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog and I'm sorry. I think I keep expecting to run into people to tell them and then I don't. It's funny that you noticed that I put it as number 4 on my list. I guess it's not my thing to make a huge post about, not that there is anything wrong with that. It's a big deal and I am getting more excited about it as time goes on. Kenz says you're taking pictures at the girls games so I'll try to catch you there, if not, then we should plan a time to get a bunch of us together. Say HI to the fam for me.

Angela Baird said...

Your blog is sooo entertaining! You do a great job of telling the funny stories that we experience as moms! Your girls are rad! And I love the missionary work...check, and the link. Classic! What's up for FHE tomorrow???

Ann said...

Oh, my heavens. You are one funny lady.

Di and Justin said...

please DON'T TELL me I was the only stupid one that clicked on the button "this site" thinking that she had done something else that would explain the new article of faith..
(Dianna fell for stupid trick.... CHECK. :)

Anonymous said...

K that's so funny! I love it. Are you playing soccer at all?