My dad giving the turkey a cold water cleansing.
Poor Mike got stuck making Yams. It's my least favorite thing to make on Thanksgiving. Ugh.
The giblets (sp?). My dad makes a very fragrant soup with these in it. Nasty.
Kelli got a funky new curling iron so she tried it out on all the little girls. J looked like a little girl straight out of the 60s.
Getting the oil hot for the deep fried turkey.

Shane rubbin' the bird down with some special spices.

J manning the vegie tray.

Mya helped set the table.

The head chef.

You have to tuck the wings in or the bird won't fit. And hot oil is splashing everywhere while you're trying to do it. I was safe behind the lens. These other 3 risked life and limb to get us all fed. Thanks for taking one for the team.
Shane rubbin' the bird down with some special spices.
J manning the vegie tray.
Mya helped set the table.
The head chef.
You have to tuck the wings in or the bird won't fit. And hot oil is splashing everywhere while you're trying to do it. I was safe behind the lens. These other 3 risked life and limb to get us all fed. Thanks for taking one for the team.

2 comments:
I obviously haven't seen shane in forever because I had to do a second take- He looks so different!
I love seeing your mom and dad again!
My favorite is the caulk gun to submerge the turkey...those are seriously memories that you will laugh at one day! I love your blog...simple, but hilarious...Hope all is well and have a good Christmas...maybe in Jan we'll have to get together!
Post a Comment