Friday, April 24, 2009

Away.

I just got back from a trip to California for a photography workshop and learned a few things non-photography related while I was gone. This was my first time leaving both my girls AND Mike. And I discovered:

**traveling without your husband no matter what the destination, sucks. Bad. I hope I never have to do it again.

**leaving your kids even for a few days isn't easy. And I didn't particularly enjoy it.

**Talking to your kids over the phone right before they go to bed and they are crying hysterically is not fun.

**Mya is sometimes really hard to understand in person. She's even harder to understand on the phone when she's excited and has a 5 minute story to tell you about running through the sprinklers at her cousins house.

**despite the fact that it is physically easier to travel without kids, it's not nearly as fun. And now I know I'd prefer to take them.

**I have a super, awesome, amazing husband who did such a good job playing Mr. Mom while I was gone that the girls didn't seem nearly excited enough to see me at the airport and when I asked Jaida if she missed me, her reply was "not very much."

A few new phrases that have been expressed after my return:
(both by Jaida)
"What the hell. . ." She's been saying it alot. About everything.
"Mess with me and I'll mess you up."

Anyway, I went to a photography workshop put on by some of the most amazing photographers in the world and my brain still hurts from information overload. It was an awesome experience, I learned a ton, and though I think I do a pretty good job appreciating my husband and kids, I now know with surety I don't want to travel places without them.

7 comments:

Summer also knows as the krazy cake lady said...

Super funny I love the phrases what are you teaching your child?

Brit H. said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha HA! That's all I have to say about that!

Actually, one more thing...with Jaida's new phrases, I don't think that I will be allowing my girls play with yours for awhile...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Jacqui said...

I agree with you. The only way to leave the kids a little easier is to take hubby with you and go somewhere fun. And even then it's hard.

The phrases...LOL! That is too funny. Where did she get the Mess with Me phrase? Hilarious

No permit required said...

That "what the hell" comment. I like it.

Jaimi said...

Try to picture sitting through the workshop with Jaida "expressing" her new phrases, and you might be glad you traveled without them this time. HAHA!! Can't wait to hear the details about the trip!

Cheryl said...

That is so funny. What the Hell?!

Devyre' said...

LOVE Cami's pictures!!! I totally want you to take some of me and my girls one day. I feel more confident in your skills now that you are more educated!!! LOL!