The girls were playing at the park the other day. Mya was in a situation where another little girl wasn't being particularly nice. At one point she was in Mya's grill talkin some smack and violating some serious personal space. I stayed out of it to see how Mya would handle it. I try not to always get involved in things like that so the girls learn how to stick up for themselves without Mom rescuing them all the time (obviously if it was serious enough I would have intervened). Mya then got a little shove and I stood up to stop it.
And then in swooped Jaida, who had heard Mya cry. She pushed the little girl out of the way, smacked her hand (not sure what that was about), put her arms protectively around Mya and gave the little girl the nastiest stare-down I've ever seen.
I suppose her new phrase "mess with me and I'll mess you up" extends to her sister as well.
Good job, Jaida.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love your blog. You really know how to tell it like it is. Thanks for always helping me remember the "fun" times when my kids were young. We still have some "fun" times now that their teenagers. But through it all I wouldn't change a thing!
That's awesome!
I am so proud of how Jaida defended her sister. You have to be so proud.
I love it. Abby and Emma are the same way. They can mess with each other but if anyone else steps in, watch out. It's great they have each other. We were sad to miss you all in St. George, maybe one of these years.
That had me laughing out loud. That's fabulous!
Post a Comment