Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Today.

Today was hard.
Today I was beaten down. Slowly. But surely.
Today I got nothing done. And yet I never had time to rest.
Today I was frustrated.
Today I was tired.
Today I was a bad mom. A mom I never want to be.
Right now, I want to cry. And then I want to go to bed and not wake up for a few days. Or maybe a few weeks.
And the last thing I want to do is wake up tomorrow and do it all over again.
But I will.
Because that's what mom's do.
We show up. Everyday.
Because we love the little sh*ts. No matter what they do.
Jaida. Mya. I love you. When you're a mom, you'll understand.

Here's to motherhood! :)

8 comments:

Mommy McD said...

Insert Braxton and Kieran where Jaida and Mya's name were and that perfectly describes my day yesterday. Here's a prayer hoping for a different outcome for both of us today!

Rebecca said...

Amen!

Mieka said...

And i'm sure there were some interesting stories to go with that day. Love ya Lins! When are we going to get together again? When does Mya nap?

Devyre' said...

Wow, what happened? No matter what you will always be the best mom I have ever known!!!

No permit required said...

"What the hell?!" (Ha ha) You should have called.

Jacqui said...

"Right now, I want to cry. And then I want to go to bed and not wake up for a few days. Or maybe a few weeks."

...or maybe a few years. That's how I feel sometimes. Any mom who reads this fully understands your day. It's amazing that we do wake up and do it all over again...and that we have more babies knowing what they'll treat us like some days.

It's because we all know that those good days are all worth the bad ones.

PS Loved how you posted this. Bravo.

Steph said...

Couldn't have said it better! So true - so true.

Anonymous said...

true true. It never does end, does it.