Symptoms of swine flu (pardon me, H1N1):
--body aches
--headaches
--extreme fatigue or tiredness
--vomiting
Hmmm....sounds an awful lot like being pregnant. How will I know if I've got pig flu???
Speaking of pregnancy, I've got 11 weeks left (10 if I can talk my doctor into inducing a week early, which I plan to do even if I have to camp out in the hospital).
I feel like I've been pregnant for at least a year.
I'm getting fatter by the second.
I'm really tired. All the time.
Nothing sounds good to eat except pizza, cottage cheese (I never usually eat that stuff), and tacos from Del Taco (yea, gross, I know). All foods that can't be good for a developing fetus.
My girls think the big mound on my stomach is somewhere they can sit and be carried around.
It's already impossible to sleep. And when I do, I'm surrounded by mounds of pillows. Good thing we have a king sized bed.
I got my flu shot today, but do not plan on getting the swine flu shot unless someone can persuade me otherwise. My doctor didn't succeed, maybe you can.
I apologize to my baby ahead of time for a Christmas-time birthday. I did not plan it that way, but things happen which we won't go into on a family friendly blog.
My kids aren't allowed to go the hospital when I have a baby because of the stupid swine flu. So. Lame.
And yet, despite all the fallbacks of this thing we call pregnancy, I am forever grateful that we get to add another member to our family. And though I absolutely despise being pregnant and am baffled by those who like it, I'm thankful. So, so thankful.
Here's to stretch marks, clothes that cut off my circulation, and belly buttons that poke out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree that being pregnant is HORRIBLE. It is even bad a few weeks after, as you know. Oh...but you get to kiss little toes and a little belly again, and for awhile he wont be able to talk back!!!
You SO do not look fat at all.
Love that you won't talk about things that happen to bring a baby here on a family blog. HA!
And as psycho as it sounds, I might be able to have yet another babe (#5, are you kidding me?!) just to kiss those baby feet and snuggle.
That is, if I didn't have to raise her...I'm sure it'd be another her! :)
Post a Comment