Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Random.

It's late. And I'm tired. Perfect time for some random blogging thoughts.

**I often wonder if an unborn baby has ever broken out of the uterus and popped through it's mother's skin. If not, my baby may be the first. He's a mean little sucker.

**Halloween is bizarre. We dress up, knock on random people's doors, and ask them for candy. What?

**Somehow, I caught Mike in a moment of weakness and he agreed to go to Disneyland. He's been saying "no" since Jaida was born (although if I really pushed it he would have said yes because he's nice like that). But when I asked one more time, he agreed. So we're going. In two weeks! Wahoo.

**It's disgusting when I can actually feel my skin stretching.

**We had to break down and get a new car (new to us--it's a used car). The 4-runner isn't big enough for 2 boosters and a car seat. So we traded in the truck. It was a sad day. We loved the truck. But we love the new car too. Only now I'm a nervous driver. New cars will do that to you.

**Lately, my eyes have started to burn from looking at the computer too much. Bad.

**I went to Costco today (twice, actually) and found a little gem (though I didn't buy it because I'm trying to be more frugal--it's not working very well). They have a collection of Roald Dahl books. If you're not a Roald Dahl fan, there's probably something wrong with you. The BFG is one of the best books ever written. Ever. I may just have to go back and buy it. Or someone can give it to me for my birthday! That's a good idea.

**I still can't figure out why I enjoy watching the Biggest Loser. It's a mystery. I missed last week and couldn't believe they voted off the lady whose husband and baby were killed in a car accident. Kick her while she's down. Ouch.

**Now that Jaida's in Kindergarten, we have begun the wonderful process of learning to read. And it has become quickly apparent that Jaida is a "guesser". She doesn't even look at the words half the time. She just starts saying words to guess what might come next. It takes a lot of energy for me to not get frustrated by that.

**Mya's new favorite things to say: Boomshakalaka (story about that in my Halloween post),
"I don't know" (she'll say that in response to pretty much anything I ask her before she completely listens to what I ask) and "What the crap?"

**And, as I'm typing, the little man in my stomach just took his elbow or some other pointy body part and drug it all the way across my stomach. Yes, it hurt. Yes, I poked him back.

Time for bed.

9 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

Hey funny thing, I was just reading another friends blog and they JUST TALKED about teaching your kids to read. Anne (the gal who posted it) was an elementary school teacher before being a stay at home mom.

http://placetobloom.blogspot.com/2009/09/reading-strategies-for-children.html

Check it out they have new techniques on teaching to read.

Oh and I was positive Ty would kick out of my belly too, especially his knees through my ribs ouch...

Good luck and have fun at Disneyland!

Ann Marie said...

hip, hip for roald dahl! cj and i are currently reading the BFG together. good stuff indeed!

AND i was thinking that i could use some photo tips from you...portraits are a complete mystery to me...especially when it comes to lighting, posing, etc.

and lastly, my mom isn't moving, yet. but she probably will put her house up for sale after the holidays...it's too much for her to handle in every way. sad, but true. it's too bad too because she really needs her neighbors, everyone has been so good and helpful to her. we shall see what happens...

Mommy McD said...

Hopefully Mike didn't wake up to your laughing out loud. :)

I think I'll be making a trip to Costco. Could use me some snozzcumbers...

Jacqui said...

I just picked up The Twits at my mom's house. She always hated that book, but I loved it! Rereading it, I realize why she hated it...it's disgusting. But from a kid's point of view it's pretty darn hilarious.

RANDOM: I was listening to the radio the other night and they did an interview with the Biggest Loser lady whose family was killed. She actually volunteered to be kicked off. IT was a cool interview. I was crying listening to it and I don't even watch the show. !

What car did you get? I know you were hankering for a minivan. A sweet 2002 Sienna with crap stuck to every possible surface of the interior, ceiling included. If you didn't that dream car, come on over, I'll sell ya mine.

Devyre' said...

That's right..so the little man who's boss early on so there is no question of that when he is born! Do you have room for one more to go to Disneyland??

Clarke and Kamie said...

If my baby decides to re-do an "alien" sequence and I see a foot bust through my belly, I would not be in the least bit shocked. This kid is KILLIN me! I keep waiting for when he gets so big that it slows down a bit--doesnt seem to be happening. oh, and I am so excited to hear about disneyland.

Ash said...

What the crap Lindsay?! You finally get to go to Disneyland and you choose to do it when you're prego? Bad timing. But have so much fun! And I can't wait to meet your little soccer player.

Ash said...

And I just realized I said "what the crap". Mya didn't learn it from me. Promise. Although I kinda wish I could take credit for it because it's pretty funny.

McDorky said...

Just stumbled upon your blog from another friend's blog. Beautiful girls!

I am also a teacher and just did a post on teaching your kids to read...

Check it out at weneedamedicalmiracle.blogspot.com