Thursday, March 4, 2010

A letter.

Dear Carter,
You're new around here, so I thought I'd help you out by giving you a few tips:

--Crying is every childs weapon. A manipulation tool, if you will. The less you use that weapon, the more effective it becomes. The more you use it, the less effect it has. So if you cry all day, it lessens the effect. And instead of being sensitive to it, we become un/de/in-sensitive to it. So please, use it wisely. If you cry, you need to mean it. From the wise words of my father "Quit your crying or I'll give you something to cry about."

--Crying in the car is not aloud. Ever. Screaming in the car is completely unacceptable. You're a baby. You're supposed to LOVE the car. You're supposed to SLEEP in the car.

--Dad's arms are just as good as moms. Please do not try to differentiate between the two. Preference at your age isn't really allowed.

--Drinking from a bottle will be necessary at times. Learn this quickly or there will be some ugly days ahead.

--Mya means well. I'm sorry.

--I am not a binky. Enough said.

In case that sounded negative, we love you. We really do. And if the worst thing I have to do is hold you all day (and all night) so be it. We'll take you as you are. Because you're awesome and we love you no matter what.

With love,
Mom


2 comments:

kristin said...

by the way, i love the Mya means well!! that is so great!!

kristin said...

Your so funny linds- carter is a lucky guy!!