Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I had everything together. If I got my kids ready for school on time, had the house clean, had my 1 month dinner menu planned out, didn't run out of all kinds of food, got more than 2 consecutive hours of sleep at a time, got the laundry folded AND put away in the same day, exercised, ate healthy, didn't need Diet Coke to keep my eyes peeled open, and learned how to say "no" to some things.
I wonder.
And will keep wondering.
Because right now, I have nothing together.
A week in review.
--We went to a cabin in Idaho over the weekend with some friends. I can't put in words how much we needed it. It's amazing what spending time with some of your favorite people can do for your spirit. More on this later. Fun pictures to come.
--The drive home from the cabin was slightly nightmarish. The girls were tired. Tired equals completely irrational and very teary. Carter decided he wanted what should have been a 4 hour drive to be a 5 1/2 hour drive. We fed him dum dums (our version of a binky) and licorice. And even then, he screamed. Oh how he screamed. Temper temper.
--Monday morning. Went in to wake Mya up for school. The smell hit me first. And then I flipped on the light. And the only explanation I have for what I saw was "vomit explosion". I'm not sure how kids do it, but it's like they're a fire hose, and when they puke, they spray it everywhere. On the bedspread, sheets, pillowcases, pillows, wall, carpet, hair. Every. where.
While I was attempting clean up, Carter pooped through his diaper and up his back. And then Jaida started to cry about going to school (a now daily battle we fight with her). Instead of crying myself, I started to laugh. Loudly. Which only made my girls cry harder. Which then made me laugh louder. It was awesome.
--Monday night. Carter woke up about every 45 minutes. On top of some ridiculous stomach issues (I've never met a kid with more gas than him), he's breaking 4 teeth at the same time. Ouch and ouch.
--Tuesday morning. Jaida wakes up crying. Not totally unusual but she said she couldn't hear. Um. What? Off to Grandpa's for an assessment (what would I do without my own personal physician). Diagnosis--ear infection. Pile it on baby. She's already on an antibiotic anyway (for the mysterious coughing issue we're still trying to figure out--yes, she's still coughing all night and now all day).
--Today. It's crazy hair day. But we didn't have hair spray paint. Dad saves the day and runs to Walgreens to get some. We spray Jaida's hair. And then she cries because she wants it out. No dice little lady. It's staying in. Mya wanted crazy hair too. So I sent her to preschool with pink and purple pig tails.
--I've already done the heimlich maneuver twice on Carter today. Once for a wad of toilet paper he had eaten off the role, and the other for a bead (damn those beads we find all over the house). I've lost count how many times I've had to dislodge something from that kids throat. It's impossible to kid proof a house when you have other kids. Thankfully he's a pretty tough baby.
--This week. I have five photo shoots. That may not sound like a lot, but for comparison, I try to only do one per week because it's all I can handle with my full-time job (being a mom). Five. Not to mention I have 3 photo shoots and wedding I still need to edit.
Buckle up. It's going to be a crazy crazy few weeks. And I'm already mellllllllllllting.
Lots of blogging to do that may have to wait until November.
I'll leave you with one of my new favorite photos.
4 comments:
Waiting until November might kill me.
Ok, not really. I'll just add it to the list of other things I'm waiting for:
Deliver this progeny
Wait for my mother to arrive
Hopefully mother stops brainmelt that occurs with delivery of progeny...
And now, wait for Lindsay to blog.
Jeesh.
Uhm, That may be one of the cutest pictures ever.
wow that is a week! hang in there I'm sure a great one is just around the corner. And forget about all the "other stuff" and sleep if you have any spare time!
The Heimlich? Twice!? I am vacuuming tonight, you've scared me into it.
By the way, you deserve a loooooooooooong vacation. (don't we all though)
oh I have used the dum dums in the car! I used to carry one of those huge bags in my car! i wish i lived closer, to come help you so you could breath for one minute!
Post a Comment