Thursday, October 21, 2010

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Words can't explain how much I adore my parents. For so many reasons I can't even begin to list.
But tonight, I love them for this.
Two trees died in my parents front yard. So my dad cut them down himself. These were big trees. But he's my dad and he can do anything. So he strategically cut. And tied a rope to the trees. And hooked the rope to the back of the riding lawn mower. And talked the neighbor into helping. And then videoed the entire event. Like, set up a tripod and the point and shoot (from a distance) and made a video of the falling of the trees. It's actually pretty funny to watch because the riding lawn mower was completely useless (and thus the helping neighbor). Thankfully his strategic cutting was all that was needed. Except for the destroyed lamp post, things went rather smoothly.
And instead of digging out the tree stumps, he decided to make a bench.
I teased him a bit. For a bench in the flower beds. Because who would sit on it? Or was it just for decoration?
His response: "Mom and I will sit on it and watch the moon." I laughed out loud. First because I was willing to bet money my mom and dad would never come out and sit on it, and Second because they're both asleep before the moon comes out. :)
So my dad finished the bench. And he was very precise about the whole thing. And patient. And did it just right (just like he does everything).
And then.
He took these pictures. And I love my mom because she went along with the whole thing.




Dad, I apologize for laughing. Enjoy moon gazing.
Love you to the moon and back.

2 comments:

Mommy McD said...

For some reason this post made me cry.
Give your parents hugs for me.

kristin said...

that is hilarious, and makes me laugh!! i love that your moms back is facing us!! they are great i love your parents!!