Let the ridiculous blogging catch up begin.
Jaida turned 6 this year. SIX. I have been a mom for SIX YEARS. It's has been the fastest and the longest six years of my life. The hardest and the best. The most fun and the most not fun. The ups and downs of parenting are, well, dramatic. And the ups can be so very up and the downs can be so very down.
The day after Jaida's rather elaborate tea party, we celebrated her life. As a family. Because birthday's are a family day. And we partied.
It started with breakfast in bed. Eggs and Toast (and a whole lotta salt cause salt is gooooood)!
Then some presents.
And a bike for a girl who loves to ride bikes more than just about anything.
A random picnic in the garage with some of her neighborhood friends. This happened spontaneously while we were getting ready for the main attraction of the day.
Then it was off to Cowabunga Bay. Jaida was in heaven just going around the lazy river. Over. And over. And over. And over. We went down exactly TWO slides. And the water in the slides was free.zing. So I didn't try very hard to talk her into more. She was content with the lazy river.
While I was taking Jaida down one of her two rides on the slides, Mya fell asleep. In the water. Laying on Mike's leg. Asleep. Sound asleep. That can't be safe.
So we pulled her out of the water and Carter and I spent the last two hours playing in the stroller while Mya was passed out. And Jaida and Mike went around the lazy river. Over. And over. And over.
Happy Birthday again Jaida. The world is a better place with you in it. Of that I am sure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
He will sit in that for an hour? Even if it is not moving?
Post a Comment