Friday, December 3, 2010

To every thing there is a season....

I'll admit my scripture study is lacking (or non-existent) at best.  But a scripture continually runs through my head throughout the day lately...
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven..."  (Ecclesiastes 3)

I follow a blog of a woman I've never met, but who has profoundly changed (or re-affirmed in some cases) my vision of parenting, motherhood, and priorities.  Tonight I came upon this and found it worth sharing:

"...sometimes we fill our lives with hobbies or pursuits that produce more immediate rewards.  If we aren't careful, we start to resent our children and see them as obstructions to the things that bring us real pleasure.  The key is to discover pleasure in our children--to make them central, to genuinely value them during the relatively short time that they are in our home.  

 The day will come that you will be free to spend whole days any way you want-- you can travel, go to school, or go in your room and shut the door  But today, you are a mother.




Thank you Jane.  I needed that today.

No comments: