Monday, March 21, 2011

And the saga continues....

Updated to Add:  Took Carter to the doctor.  He has RSV and the ear infections weren't responding to the antibiotic.  They gave him an antibiotic shot.  Which has now given him horrible diarrhea and a diaper rash that makes me cringe and him cry.  We have to get his ears checked again tomorrow.  His cough/RSV seems to be subsiding, but he continues to throw up.  No answers on that one.


A booger.  Smeared across my cheek.  Only it's not my booger.  Just a little taste of the past 8 days around here.  (Mya was completely disgusted that I actually took time to take a picture of this rather than wiping it off immediately.  I thought it was hilarious)
Carter got a cold in his chest.  It traveled to his head.  And then he got a cough.  And then ear infections in both ears.  And now, he's been puking for 5 days.  Only the puking isn't the stomach flu.  He only pukes when he drinks something.  And then he'll puke anytime in the next hour.  Mike or I have been holding him for the past 4 days.  Day AND night.  He's miserable.  And hasn't eaten anything solid (or at least kept anything down) for 4ish days.  I've done more loads of laundry in the past week than I've done all year.  I think I've finally mastered catching the puke.  He drinks a bottle.  I hold him.  And wait.  With a towel.  He does a distinct cry which gives me a warning.  And then I catch.  As much as I can.  It usually ends up in the towel AND all over him AND all over me.  It's bizarre.  And unpredictable.  And the smell of milk puke is seared into my nostrils.
We're headed to the doctor in the morning for his 15 month well child appt.  Only he's not well.  :)
At first I thought it was related to the cough.  And that he was gagging which made him puke.  But now he's puking even when he's not coughing.
If someone solves this medical mystery, I'll bake you cookies every day for the rest of your life.  Promise.

3 comments:

Cyndy said...

Intussesception? Ask your doctor to do a test to see if there is blood in his stool. If he has a BM put it in a bag and put it in the fridge and take it with you. Even if it is a "skid" they can test it. I need to call you. He sounds just like Max.

SJ said...

Linds, that REALLY stinks. I seriously hope the doctor helped.

Anonymous said...

I am with mya on this one! Boogers.... Soooo gross!
Sorry about Carter.hope he is better soon! Love ya linds...I am home all the time if you ever need help with anything ;)