
Our ward did a tree at the festival of trees at the Sandy Expo Center in honor of Dustin Brockbank, a boy in the ward who died last December. The ladies who decorated the tree did an amazing job. The festival is held each year and all the proceeds are donated to Primary Childrens Hospital. I look forward to it every year. Since I usually go with my mom, somehow I talked Mike into going to the festival with me on a Friday night. It was CRAZY busy and there were people everywhere. We missed the tree our first walk through so I had to go through the whole thing again to find it. It was worth it though. I didn't know Dustin very well, but my parents did. He was in my dad's singles ward for a while. He loved music and was a very talented drummer so the tree had a music theme. Good job crafty ladies of the Crescent 18th ward and our thoughts are with the Brockbanks this Christmas season. The best part is someone anonymously purchased the tree and then delivered it to the Brockbanks home so they could have it.
After we finished looking at trees, Jaida begged to watch the dancers who were performing at the festival. Let's just say that was interesting. . . .Jaida and Mya loved them. Way more than the trees.
1 comment:
Awesome tree. I am sad I didn't get to go to Festival of Trees this year. I am glad I can live vicariously through you and your family.
Post a Comment