Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Oh, Jaida.

I dropped something off at a friends house today. She wasn't home so her cleaning lady answered the door. Jaida, being the ever observant child, wondered who it was that answered the door. I explained that it was my friends cleaning lady. She then asked if the cleaning lady was coming to our house (not sure what she was hinting there) and I said that I did the cleaning at our house (sort of). She paused for a minute and then said, "You can be a cleaning lady for other people when you're older." She finally discovered my life's aspirations! ha ha. It was funny how she said it, like she had just realized my potential in the future. Groan. No thanks.
During the same car ride, Jaida finished eating the cheeseburger I had just bought her for lunch (yep, I'm a healthy mom) and I heard her crumpling up the paper it had come in. The next thing I knew, the wad of paper bounced off the back of my head and Jaida says "Boo-yah" (a word learned from her dad).
Jaida also informed me the other day when we were in the mall in between her screaming at Santa from a distance so he would wave at her--"Santa isn't bringing you anything mom. . . .you've been naughty." Hmmm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're kid is classic. I love the bo-ya, I think I'll be teaching Drew that one. Linds, you can be my cleaning lady any time.

Steph said...

What a darling girl you've got there!!! 3 is the best! I love that she is so excited for you to be a cleaning lady when you get older! (I know secretly that it's your life long dream!!!) I can't believe she fit in build a bear clothes - I don't think my kids would fit in those at birth!

Brit H. said...

Ha ha ha. K, was it our house you were at? haha. Boo-yah...that is hilarious! I laughed so hard. Oh and if Santa isn't bringing you anything because you have been naughty, maybe you can try cleaning up a little...get on the nice list. haha. OR, I can send Trish over...

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, your girls are absolutely darling...one of the funnest blogs I've seen as far as just real life, kids, laughter, and memories that you'd never want to forget. You'll have to email me and let me know where you live now, we are in Draper. If you are close, I'd love to get together with my 3 girls!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! Jaida is so stinking funny. Boo-yah, did her throw make it on sports center? The whole cleaning the house thing. The only thing I remember you getting for a wedding gift was some wall hanging that said something like a clean house is a sign of a wasted life. Every Monday when I am cleaning, I think of you!
By the way, Jaida told me Santa was bringing a boat and wakeboards!!!