So my kids throw-up. Randomly, often, and everywhere. I've known this since Jaida was one. Her pediatrician termed it "over-active gag reflex." I call it pain in the a**. Jaida was getting better about it once I let her know she had to help me clean it up. It was most often provoked by crying too hard. I can usually calm Jaida down before she gets that far. And now we've discovered Mya does it too. That's not the mystery though.
For the past 5 nights (YES, FIVE nights) Jaida has thrown up in the night. The first night we thought it was stomach flu because she did it 4 times. Each night after that it has been 1 or 2 times. But it's ALWAYS in the middle of the night. She'll be asleep, she wakes up, does a very distinct "I'm going to puke" cry, I run and get the puke bucket, and hopefully we catch it all. The first few nights we changed sheets 3 or 4 times throughout the night. I'm getting much better at acting fast and catching everything. Last night, she didn't even wake up. She sat up, eyes closed, cried, I caught the puke, tried to talk to her, no response, and she laid back down and resumed sleeping. During the day she's totally fine. she eats, never complains of stomach aches. But every night, without fail, she wakes up at some point (or doesn't wake up) and pukes. To all my medical friends. . .any ideas??? No, I haven't taken her to the doctor because I don't want to pay $25 for them to tell me "we're not sure what it is." I'm wondering if it's anxiety, but I have no idea how to cure that. I DO know, I'm REALLY tired of throw-up. Between Mya having a cold and coughing so hard she threw up on me (ON ME) for a week straight, and now Jaida's week long nighttime fun, I've had enough puke to last me a life time. So someone cure my kids. . . .please. . . I'm tired. . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am tired just reading about it. Yuck. I did read the other day that eating lots of yogurt cuts down on throw-up. I force feed my kids every day now:)
I am so sorry that sounds awful. I haven't ever heard of that. I will check with some of the doctors at my work. I'll even ask some of the other nurses. Maybe someone will have heard of it
I am glad you are a Broncos fan. I never knew. We have season tickets so I will let you know if there is a open game. It's a blast
Hey Lindsey! My little Isabel just got over that exact thing. She was fine in the day and threw up at night. I took her to the doctor after about 5 days and they just said that it was a bug going around and there is nothing they could do about it. It only lasted a week total. Hang in there cause it will end soon.
Post a Comment