Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hard mom days

If you ever have a hard mom day, check out these two blogs:
www.sheyerosemeyer.blogspot.com
www.adailyscoop.blogspot.com

Warning. You'll cry. I'm not a crier, but I often get streaming tears from these two. I can't even imagine. If you don't want to wade through the posts to find out what happened to their daughters, I'll fill you in. Sheye's blog: Her 3 year old daughter got in the car to get something and never got back out. By the time they found her, she'd been in the hot car for a while and never regained consciousness. On the daily scoop blog, their little girl fell in the hot tub and when they found her whe wasn't breathing. She was in a coma for several days before they had to make the decision to remove the ventilator.

Mya woke up at 5:45am today. She's been whining all morning. I was completely spent and frustrated by the time mike came home for lunch. She's now down for a nap and I'm half tempted to go wake her up and give her a big juicy kiss and never let her go.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

How did you come upon adailyscoop? That is the lady in my ward I was telling you about whose baby drowned.

Mommy McD said...

Wow, yes the tears came. Especially after the day I had with Braxton. However, after reading these two mom's stories, I feel that a day watching Braxton being poked and prodded was nothing, because simply - he's here. Thanks Lyndsay. I like a good reality check now and then.

Amynikki said...

Wow...What an eye opener those two blogs are. Thanks for sharing those links. Both of them really made me step back and take a look at my own kids and cherishing every moment with them.

Amy