Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What are YOU making for dinner?

I hate deciding what to cook for dinner. Hate it. Which is why half of the time, I just don't cook. Because I don't want to decide.

So. I'm helpin' a sister out.

Here's a great recipe, and super easy. I'm normally not a big "spice rack" user (especially if I can't pronounce the word) but the basil in this is good.
Try it.

Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken

2 chicken breasts cut into bite-size squares
1 carrot, sliced diagonally (or however you can get the stupid thing to cut up. I about cut off my finger going diagonally so I went for straight)
1 zuchinni
1 yellow squash (you can use whatever vegetables you like. It actually calls for brocolli, but it doesn't sit well in my stomach)
2-3 tsp. garlic salt (calls for fresh garlic, but we don't like fresh garlic around here)
12 oz. angel hair pasta
2/3 C. chicken broth
1 tsp. dried basil
1/4 C grated parmesan cheese

Heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat; add chicken and cook. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towel. Heat another tbsp of oil in skillet. Add carrot and cook for about 4 min. Add other vegis and garlic salt. Cook, stirring for 2 min. longer. (I don't really pay attention to the times. Just whenever they're done). Cook pasta. While pasta is cooking, add chicken broth, basil and parmesan to skillet. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 min. Drain pasta.

Top pasta with sauce (the recipe tells you to mix it all together, but I keep them separate and then you can put as much liquid on as you want).

There you have it. Try it. It's good.

And spread the love. Put some recipes on your blog every once in a while and help us all out.

I'm all about quick and easy. Because at 5, I'm spent, and little "helpers" don't make it any easier.

Happy eating.

2 comments:

Brit H. said...

I know. I was actually thinking of starting a recipe blog with many contributors. That way, we can have access to lots of quick easy yummy recipes, that is updated all of the time.

Whatduyathink?

kristin said...

thanks linds- I will try it, and i will post a few just for you!!