Thursday, September 17, 2009

Christmas presents

Yes, I'm thinking Christmas. I know it's only September, but I'd like to be done with my Christmas shopping sooner rather than later. Hopefully that will inspire the baby to come early. :)

So. Anyone have good gift ideas for little girls who already have WAY too much crap?

And, I would appreciate suggestions on good kid books. I need some more kid books for our library but don't want lame ones.

And, does anyone have the V-smile Cyberpocket game system for kids? Is it good? Are the games okay? And can they draw on that little pad with the stylus??

THANKS.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

How about some more Polly Pockets and another bike for Mya? Haha

We love books around here. Some faves are Pinkalicious, Purplicious, any Little Critters book, Curious George and Friends, Pidgeon Wants a Puppy, Bear Snores On, Llama Llama Mad at Mama, Leonardo the Terrible Monster, Pig in the Pond, Kitten's First Full Moon, Rain Babies, Where the Wild Things Are, Kermit the Hermit, Pirates Don't Change Diapers, Put Me In The Zoo, any Dr. Seuss, Goodnight Gorilla, almost any Sandra Boynton (faves are Barnyard Dance, Snuggle Puppy and Pajama Time!), any Laura Numeroff (If you give a mouse...), almost any P.D. Eastman (The Best Nest, Are You My Mother, Go Dog, Go!), The Giving Tree, Dinosaur Roar, There Was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Boot, How Murray Saved Christmas, Christmas Day in the Morning, The Littlest Fir Tree, Owen, Lilly's Big Day, Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse, Wemberly Worried, Big Bad Bruce (lots of Bill Peet)...

I am sure I could come up with more if I perused the kid's shelves. Since we have girls, too, I am betting yours will like some of those. Good luck! And if you come across any great books, please send them my way!

Make-up sets are always a hit, even if they have a ton already. Games like Twister, Mancala or the Fishing game (with fish that pop up and they catch them) or Balloon Lagoon. Snow sleds, scooters, doll beds. Play-doh sets. Uh...seriously, let us in on what you come up with. I'm feeling it, too, and have already picked up some things for the girls and McQueen. Yay for getting it done by October!

Ann said...

Yes. I'm thinking Christmas already too--mainly to help the budget come December. Anyway, I've decided I am only going to get my kids stuff that they will play with for a long time. I am SO SICK of having boxes of toys that my kids only thought were cool for one day. Anyway, one thing I've thought of is children-sized rolling pins (real wood ones) My kids love to help make cookies, pizza dough, play-doh etc. and they are always fighting over the rolling pin. I had kid-sized ones when I was a kid and we used them all the time. I'm also getting my kids those little mini wooden rocking chairs. They love sitting in them every time we see them. Anyway, hope that helps.
Oh, and have your girls seen the OLIVIA (about the little girl pig) books? Super cute. My kids really like the DAVID books (by DAvid Shannon) too.
Wow.