Monday, September 21, 2009

Primary

For the first time since she was 18 months old, Jaida went to primary without crying. She just decided she was going to do it. We've tried sticker charts, threats, promises, toys. . .to no avail. But yesterday, she decided she was going. "Mom. I'm going to primary today without crying. I'll just have a few tears in my head." And that was it. Such a testament of her character. She doesn't do anything she doesn't want to (without a fight at least) and if I'm patient enough, eventually she'll decide to do what needs to be done. The patience part is NOT easy. We're doing our best to point that "strong will" in the right direction.

3 comments:

Angelle said...

YAY, Jaida! Patience is one of the hardest things to tackle!

kristin said...

I love that she kept the tears in her head!! So funny!

Rebecca said...

She sounds like someone else I know. I am sure you have heard stories.