Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Timp Cave.

We took the girls up to see Timp cave. Mike and I had both been there as kids, but didn't remember much. We thought you could take strollers since it's paved the whole way, but you can't. Which made for a pretty long hike with two little girls. But they did awesome, blisters and all.










I love this picture. Mainly because it was completely dark in there. I couldn't see Mya at all. I just told her to look at me. So when the flash went off I saw that she was acting scared. Hilarious.












Our guide kept emphasizing we weren't supposed to touch anything. Keep your hands off the walls. He was a little bigger fellow and at one point, he put his hand on the wall to steady himself. Jaida promptly yells "No touching." If she couldn't do it, there's no way she was going to let him get away with it.



I hit my head more than once. And in case you're wondering, it hurts when you do that.


The "heart" of Timp cave.






Definitely worth taking the kids up. They thought the cave was awesome. They didn't love all the walking/hiking but we were all glad we went.

2 comments:

Mommy McD said...

I wished I lived on the west-er side of life. I have not found much in the way of awesomeness like caves, and mountains over here. It tends to make me homesick.

Devyre' said...

You are pregnant and went hiking. You are crazy. Fun pictures and memories though!!!