Sunday, October 4, 2009

Things heard around our house.

--"I want candy" (Mya. First thing every morning)
--"Can I play with friends" (Jaida. First thing every morning)
--"I don't want lunch" (both girls. They hate having to sit down and eat. Such a waste of time in their eyes)
--"Be careful" (Me. I say it way too much and get irritated with myself every time I say it.)
--"Mom, I peed on the grass" (Mya. She thinks its funny to pee in the yard.)
--"Where's Masen?" (Jaida. She's obsessed with a boy doll my mom gave her for her birthday and keeps him with her all the time. It's a disaster when he's "missing")
--"I don't want to take a bath" (both girls. They're weird. They hate bath time and thus so do I)
--"I did that lasterday" (Mya. "Lasterday" is her version of "yesterday")
--"I want a binky" (Mya. thankfully not Jaida anymore. The girl loves her binky and I'm not ready to take it away from her yet. )
--"Please stop crying" (Me. all the time)
--"Talking time-out. My ears hurt." (Me. It's astonishing how much these girls can talk)
--"Will you read to me?" (Mya. the girl loves her books)
--Silence (Mike. poor guy can't get a word in with all these women around. And I'm sure he prefers it that way)

As a side-note, the girls were taking a bath when I hear Jaida say "Mya, let's pretend you're having a baby." She then spreads Mya's legs apart and assumes the position where the doctor would be. Um. What? Whoa. We don't play "let's have a baby". Especially when you've figured out how it really happens. I was in the middle of telling Jaida we don't do that when she looks up and yells "It's a boy." Time to be more aware of what Jaida's watching on TV.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Oh holy cow I am laughing out loud right now. Which is great, since I have a cough, so every laugh is followed by a weeze!

That last story is hilarious. SO funny. Mya isn't alone in her candy wishes. Babe greets me every morning with "I want cho-coo-what!" And McQueen's favorite response to everything is, "I did that (ate that, wore that, washed that) yesterday," even if it was five minutes ago.

You got me thinking. I need to write some things down. These are so funny...

PS I will get back with you about the pics scheduling. Sorry. WE've had a flood in the basement followed by nasty colds and I pass out on the couch every chance I get lately.

Devyre' said...

I'm blushing!