In a moment of weakness while watching my in-laws run the St. Lake marathon, I thought I was ready to tackle my 2nd marathon. My performance in St. George 7 1/2 years ago was sub-par and I've wanted revenge on the course ever since. So I said out loud "I want to run another marathon" and my ever supportive husband took hold of that and has encouraged me ever since.
I've talked myself out of it and into it dozens of times since I signed up.
But when I came home from a training run (I fill silly calling it training when I can only run 3 1/2 miles right now) and my girls were standing in the driveway cheering me on, I decided I better stick with this goal.
And today, they just picked out the shoes they're going to wear to run the end of the marathon with their mom. No pressure.
Hope I can actually do it! Here's to a loooooong summer of training runs.
1 comment:
You can SO do it.
Just write stupid poems about your training runs like I did...
Very therapeutic.
Post a Comment