Saturday, September 25, 2010

A perfect moment...

We got our carpets cleaned on Friday so I escaped to my parents house for the day. (Side note--it's slightly frightening how exciting getting carpets cleaned is. Makes me feel old)
Just before getting ready to go home, I was out on the front lawn holding Carter. My dad was cutting down a tree and Mya wanted to watch. So I sat and watched Mya by my mom, my dad with a chainsaw in hand, and Carter snuggled up with his head resting on my shoulder. An odd moment but in that moment I thought "this is a perfect moment." Why? Not sure. It just was. And I'm grateful for it.
And despite the feeling the blog may impress, and the fact that I act like Carter might make me melt sometimes, truth be told, I'd die without him. Die. He's 100% momma's boy and he snuggles me. All the time. And he sings. Oh he sings. It is the-most-endearing-thing-ever. It's loud. And all the same tone. But he sings when he's tired. And I love it.

Today I am grateful for fast and fleeting perfect moments mixed in with all the not so perfect ones!

2 comments:

Mommy McD said...

Well of course you like Carter.
I'm just scared of what my brain is going to look like after "Zore" gets here...

Melissa said...

It's beautiful when those moments come. Watching someone you love doing something that captures one of the things you love about them. Surrounded by those you love most in a moment of perfect harmony.