Friday, August 3, 2012

Father's Day

We really needed a get away after being quarantined all winter with a new baby.  Caleb's still not awesome in the car so I didn't want to go far, so we combined a "vacation" with Father's day and went up to Park City.  We went to the Alpine Slide first.  Jaida was just tall enough to ride by herself which she wasn't happy about at first.  She and Mya were both really nervous, but I made them go anyway cause doing things that scare you is good for the soul.  That's what I've heard anyway.  On the way down, my phone fell out of my pocket and took its own ride down the slide.  Mya and I caught up to it half way down and we had to jump out of the side of the slide to get it.  No harm no foul.  Mike waited at the bottom with Caleb and Carter.  Then he took Carter up.  And Carter loved it!  Kept saying "Woo hoo" the whole way down.  Then Mike and I took turns (lots of juggling when you have little kids who aren't old enough for rides) taking the girls down the Alpine coaster.  That, my friends, is fun.  Really fast and kinda like the wild mouse at Lagoon.  I was sure we were going to fall off at any moment.  I think I screamed more than Jaida.
Then we headed to the hotel, went swimming, ate dinner, went for ice cream, then let the kids "swim" in our own private hot tub on the deck.
Celebrated Father's Day the next morning and then went to check out the Olympic Park up there and watched some people practice ski jumps into the pool.
The kids were awesome and Mike and I were temporarily refreshed (unfortunately doesn't usually last very long).
Dad's don't come much better than Mike.  My kids are really, really lucky.





















No comments: