Friday, December 7, 2007

Thanksgiving


This one's for my Mom. Look! We set the table with CHINA!!!! And we have a tablecloth!



What better way to end Thanksgiving than with a heated game of Pictionary. I have to twist everyone's arm to play this game. I LOVE IT!!! So if there are any other pictionary fans out there, let's plan a game. I draw a mean stick figure.



Turkey in the deep fryer. Healthy!!



We've got hot oil. . . might as well make french fries!



The finished fried turkey. A little crispy but very juicy on the inside.



My and Kelli's first turkey. Looks pretty good if you ask me. We even stuffed it.



Not a surgeon's carving job, but I got all the meat off one way or another!




Shane and Jer inspecting the turkey about to be submerged in boiling hot oil. Yum.



The turkey kickin' it. Washing turkeys is disgusting. I made Kelli do it.




You're supposed to inject the turkey with some sort of marinade. We never bought an official
turkey marinator so we tried to use one of my medicine syringes I use to give the girls medicine (don't worry. . .I threw it away afterwards.) It didn't work very well. Always next year. Get excited mom!!




Shane preparing to submerge the turkey. We nominated Shane to do this, a.) because it was his idea, and b.) he has no wife or kids that would be devastated if he got marred by an explosion!!! Just kidding mom. . .it was perfectly safe. And see. . .we did it outside!!



Checking out the turkey. it was kind of exciting. I videotaped the whole thing just in case something "Thueson" style happened. It was rather un-eventful. I'm not sure if we were disappointed or thankful about that!


This was the first Thanksgiving in my life without my parents. . .sad. We really missed them. Because they were gone, it meant I had to host my first Thanksgiving. Yikes. Everyone pitched in and it turned out to be a great feast and a great day!! Shane had the wild idea to deep fry a turkey. Kelli and I were nervous so we decided to do TWO turkeys in case the deep fry one exploded. Thanksgiving is a lot of work. Sorry we never helped more Mom and Dad. We'll be better in the future.

2 comments:

Jillyn said...

Wow you guys sure now how to party!!
I really like ALL the pictures of the turkey!
Too funny!

Jillyn said...

Okay I meant know how to party! Sorry!