Sunday, June 1, 2008

Boring life?

A relative of mine who "struggles" and recently was released from the Salt Lake County jail noted, after spending a day observing the daily routines of myself and the girls, that my life was boring. I found this quite funny and slightly ironic coming from someone who just spent the past 8 months in a 10 by 10 concrete room with no windows and bars on the door. Apparently he doesn't read my blog. My life is anything but boring. Here's to motherhood and the endless non-boring days. :)

2 comments:

Allman Roca said...

Hey if your "relative" is that disappointed in your "mom schedule",send him over here and I can show him true chaos. I can get him to clean while I do the kids:)

Jacqui said...

This is why I love your blog. Seriously.

Another "boring" story: my parents were down in Florida on a vacation and went to one of those time share sales pitches to get free tickets to some event. The guy in charge was Tony Roma, the son of the ribs king, Tony Roma. He was talking to my parents about "what they did" in life, and after listening to my dad, my mom said she is the mother of six children and that she stayed home to raise them. His eyebrows shot up and he laughingly asked, "Really? That is so boring!" Seriously. My mother, being the eternally kind-hearted person, didn't poke his eyes out right then and there, as I would have.

Thanks for sharing this. Here's to "boring" motherhood!!