Friday, August 8, 2008

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike. . .

Ever since the little boy down the street learned to ride a bike (thanks Dianna), Jaida has been insisting that when she turned four she was taking her training wheels off her bike. Then the little girl across the street (who is a week younger than Jaida) decided she was ready to learn to ride a bike. So, being a competetive Ross, Jaida wanted her wheels off too. So we padded her up and expected the worse. I'll admit, I was a bit surprised that within a few tries, she was off. And now she is officially a no training wheels girl!!



Look Mom, no training wheels.

Steady. . .


Getting a little braver.

And there she goes.

Mya cheering her on.


4 comments:

Rebecca said...

yeah for Jaida! We didn't even get to teach Nathan. Tyler had taken the wheels off so he could mess around on Nathan's bike and suddenly Nathan was up the street. I will admit we were a little sad.

Mommy McD said...

Fabulous Queen reference! No training wheels are a little ways into our future, since Braxton can't even reach the pedals yet!

Jacqui said...

Liv was the same way. She begged for her training wheels to come off right before she turned four and she taught herself. No one even steadied her. She was just heck-bent (you like that phrase, dontcha?) on doing it herself. Crazy girls! I think there is a whole generations of strong women coming up...

Devyre' said...

You need to be so thrilled that she wanted to take the training wheels off. Jais is six and refuses to even try to take hers off. Jarrod made her training wheels off balance to try and get her to try and balance and she went crazy telling us we were trying to kill her. Yeah, she totally takes after Jarrod’s side of the family. So congrats on Jaida being brave. I’m jealous!