Friday, August 22, 2008

The Great outdoors!

I'm always surprised to find there are people who actually don't like camping? Seriously? What are you doing in Utah? WE LOVE CAMPING!!! What's not to like. . .dirt, bugs, rain storms, tents, sleeping bags, bears, scary toilets, NO toilets. . . . Seriously though, we really do love it. And for some reason, food always tastes better when camping. Same thing in lake Powell. We went up American Fork canyon, drove around forever, finally found a great spot, got rained on (but just a little bit), and the girls slept better than they have since they were born. I'm thinking of just pitching a tent in the backyard and sleeping there from now on. :)
Ooh, and the smells. . .campfire mixed with pine. Yum.


Checking the place out and trying to figure out what in the world we were doing.Mike the pyro.
Mmmm....FIRE.










Enjoying their hotdogs.
And tin foil dinners for everyone else.

Just for the record, I did NOT give her the Coke. I also didn't take it away.
Jammin to some tunes in the car while we waited for a little rain to pass.

This is the cobbler cooking. I really wish I would have gotten a picture of the finished product. For some reason, it looked like meatloaf. But it still tasted fine. So we ate meatloaf looking cobbler. Gotta love camping.

Just after her chocolate donut breakfast.


Can't wait to go again! Anyone wanna come? :)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

You seriously should have met us in Brian Head! I do at least choose a place with bathrooms.

Di and Justin said...

ummm ya there was a bear attack last year no thanks :) j/k ask justin and maybe we could all go :)

Unknown said...

Love the camping pictures! Maybe next summer we'll be up to a little trip...it is hard to find camping friends!:)
-Emily:)

PS I think our football team will be a few members short...not a huge fan of getting these little guys here.:) (But love having them!)