Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Freeze.

There are some days where I wish I could freeze my girls. Freeze them at the age they are, just how they are and make them stop growing. Just for a little bit. Right now is one of those times. Though I enjoy watching them grow and change, I miss how they were the day before. So for now, I wish I could freeze them.

A conversation I had with Jaida about this very thing.

Me: "Jaida. Stop growing. Right now. I don't want you to get big."
Jaida: "But I want to grow up and be a mom." (Melt. my. heart)
Me: "Are you excited to be a mom?"
J: "I'm excited to kiss somebody."

To the guardian angels assigned to Jaida--please help me through her teenage years. I'm going to need it.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Tyler was reading this with me and we read the part about you wanting to freeze the girls and he said, "you have, do you know how many pictures you have of them!" I am still laughing as I type this.

Clarke and Kamie said...

seriously. Raising girls these days??? I am freaking out. It doesn't help that your girls are so darn cute, either.

Ash said...

Sounds like Jaida. Your girls are the cutest.