Wednesday, January 7, 2009

To my girls

Dear Jaida and Mya,

Yesterday after a full day at work, your dad came home and washed, folded, AND put away a weeks worth of laundry. I didn't ask him to. He just did it. He does stuff like that all the time. Why? Because he loves me.

Please MAKE SURE when choosing a man to spend the rest of your life with, you find someone just like your dad. Someone who loves you as much as he loves me.

Don't settle for anything less.

Love,
Mom


(Photos courtesy of Mike Cunningham)

9 comments:

Brit H. said...

Aw!

Brit H. said...

Aw!

Jacqui said...

What a beautiful post. Holy cow. It about made me cry. I hope your girls take this to heart someday (mine, too). Good job picking a good guy. I got one, too.

PS You look so pretty in those pics!

Em said...

awwww

Devyre' said...

Thueson, that is the sweetest thing ever. There isn't any better advise you could give your kids than to marry someone who loves them for who they are. Your stories to and about your family are very touching. I look foward to all of your post because they make me smile.

camihubrich said...

Loved it. I still remember when Mike went from being your "friend" to being your fiance. It has always been easy to tell that he treats you right. We are some lucky ladies.

C*K*J said...

What a sweet post! Loved it!

Cheryl said...

seriously crying right now. and i am the girl that never cries! thanks jerk!

kristin said...

That is so cute and important to remember always!! Great example lindz-