Sunday, June 28, 2009

A staycation and more coughing.

Somehow we just managed to pack more into one week than we have almost all year. Crazy busy. Crazy fun. Details coming after I recover.
Until then, a funny story from last night.
Jaida is sick. Again. Boo. Runny nose and cough. Always the cough. The problem with a cough at our house is that it's basically the stomach flu too, because the gagging that comes with coughing is always accompanied by throwing up.
Friday night was rough. Coughing. All night. I totaled about 2 hours of sleep. And then I had to shoot a wedding all day Saturday. And when I was done, I met Mike and the girls along with mike's sister and 4 kids at the REAL soccer game. So by the end of the night I was running on fumes. So when I lay down next to Jaida to get her to sleep I begged her
"Please try not to cough so much tonight. I'm really tired and need some sleep."
She looked at me and replied. "But Mom, that's what sickness is. You cough and it's not your fault."
I laughed and apologized. I know it's not her fault, but somewhere in me I was hoping she could control it.
Then she says "I just have this issue with coughing. I cough and cough and then I throw up and there's nothing I can do about it." If only I could replay the tone she said it in and the look on her face.s
Thank heaven for drugs, and a few home remedies we tried, we all got a good nights sleep and slept in until 10.

1 comment:

kristin said...

Your kids are sick again- WHAT!!!! If you would stop letting them drink the toilet water- then we could hang out!!! Good luck and call me if you need some sprite!