Sunday, April 25, 2010

Classic Jaida

The past few days, Jaida's been trying to get me to write her a note so she can stay in from recess. I've never been able to get the real reason why, but I think she just prefers to hang out with the teacher. I tried to explain teachers need "breaks" just like Moms. She's not buyin' it. She begged and begged for a note. I said "no". Later that day, I found the following note in her backpack.

"I cant go owt sid"
She'd written her own note. There are lots of parenting lessons I suppose I should take into consideration here. But for me, I mentally commended her for a.) her ability to sound out the words without asking me how to spell things, and b.) taking matters into her own hands.
We're going to have some significant "bumps" in the road in the future, but at least it'll be interesting.
Parental note: To all those who read this, please do NOT mention it to Jaida. She has no idea I found the note and I think we'll keep it that way. This is one of those "ignore it ever happened" things for me. I'd rather not draw attention to the matter. Thanks!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

CLASSIC! Got to give her credit. Pretty smart.