Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Boo.

Summer went WAY too fast. Way. I thought it might be hard. And long. But it wasn't. Well, there was definitely some hard, but for the most part, we had fun. Doing a whole lot of nothing. Just hanging out. Me and the kids. And now, tonight is a school night. And we had to come in from the warm summer evening early. And take showers. And set alarm clocks (BOO) which I don't even do for church. And we have to get up "early". And pack lunches. And calm nerves. And start a brand new adventure of ALL DAY SCHOOL. What? A day I thought I'd been waiting for, but now I'm not quite ready. And I think it might be nice to keep her home just a little bit longer.
But it's time. And so tomorrow, we wake. And we kiss her goodbye. And enter a new chapter of life.
I remember bits and piece of first grade. Guess it's time to start being more careful what we do and say around here. Cause now she might remember. :)
Good luck in the first grade Jaida. Don't talk to strangers. Never get in someone else's car without MY permission. Be kind to your friends. Always stay with a "buddy" after school. Make lots of friends. Meet new people. Listen to your teacher. Don't tease. Enjoy recess. Be yourself. Don't worry what everyone else is doing. Finish your homework. Stand up for the kids who get picked on. Stand up for yourself. Read every day. Don't kiss boys (yet anyway). Share. Look both ways when you cross the street. Have fun. And please, please, please, still be excited to come home.

2 comments:

Mommy McD said...

Braxton will transition to all day school in January. With a new baby I keep telling myself it will be nice.
I'm totally lying to myself. I'm going to miss the little gremlin.

Clarke and Kamie said...

seriously, BOOOOOOO!!!! All day long SUCKS!!!!