Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Birthday. A little late.

Back in April my dad had a milestone birthday. The big 7-0. So he of course needed a big party. We invited a few of his closest friends and some family. And did a Hawaiian theme (since he lived there for several years and it's more fun than no theme). And we ate. And watched a little slideshow. And reminisced. He's had quite a life. And I haven't met anyone more genuine or caring than him. He'd do anything for anyone with expectations for nothing in return. He's the most un-selfish person I know (sometimes too unselfish).
He also officially retired from surgery this year so technically, he's not working. But he still has plenty of calls from neighbors and family to keep him busy. Something he honestly loves.
It's tough to sum up my dad in a little blog post. Nothing could be said to give him justice.
I just pray he's around long enough for my kids to really get to know him and remember him. Because he's one of the most remarkable people you'll ever meet.














3 comments:

Mommy McD said...

I wish I could have done more to wish him a happy birthday than an email. He truly is a wonderful man.
Next time you see him give him a hug for me!

Mommy McD said...

Lol, I forgot you don't like being pregnant either.
I don't know if I have GD yet, I just got done with my second one-hour test on Monday.

I'm pretty much a pro at this holiday baby stuff. K's bday is the day before turkey day, Braxton's is 3 days after Christmas.

Mommy McD said...

And if I were against drugs during pregnancy - I probably wouldn't be here...

Zofran weeks 7-16
H1N1 anti-virals
Inhaler
Mucinex
Tylenol

It was pretty awesome.
I LOVE drugs...