Monday, October 4, 2010

The birthday party.

Miss Jaida was turning 6. And she insisted we have a tea party. I'll admit I tried to talk her out of it. But that's what she wanted. Since one of my latest life goals is to "make an effort" I decided her birthday party was a good place to start. And so, we made an effort. A pretty big effort. And got a lot of very cute decorations from a friend (who is one of the most creative people on the planet and came up with this idea), and we made tissue paper balls, and we planned, and decorated, and invited 16 little girls. Yep, I'm crazy.
Mike came home to help. And was the official lemonade server (cause we don't drink tea). They ate, then watched a slideshow of pictures of Jaida, and then we took photos of each girl on Photo Booth on my mac and they decorated frames to put them in.
The whole time we were decorating for the party (which took forever) Jaida kept saying "It's so beautiful mom. Thank you so much." So the effort was worth it.


















8 comments:

Abby said...

That is SO cute! I love the colors and the cute little decorations. Adorable!

Jacqui said...

It IS beautiful, Jaida was right. I thought for a moment that I clicked on the wrong blog--that I'd hit one of my crafty blogs (that I love to look at but never imitate), but I was wrong!

Really, it's pretty fab. I love you're 'making an effort' goal, and that you went girlie for your girlie-girl. But 16 girls? You are totally NUTS. A good nuts, but definitely nuts. ;)

Mommy McD said...

Birthday parties. *facepalm*

God thinks he's a really funny feller, giving me three children smack dab in the middle of winter, and the holiday season.

Hopefully they're ok sharing parties for the rest of their life - because my brain is only good for one party per year...

And, in answer to your question - nope. I'm not shooting full manual yet. I'm working on it, but teaching yourself is (as I'm finding out) a VERY slow process.

Mommy McD said...

The tea party looks gorgeous by the way.

Do you think I could convince the boys to have one some year?

camihubrich said...

Super impressed Thuey. What an awesome birthday.

Rebecca said...

WOW!!!!! I am totally amazed! That is more than I can ever imagine. Nice job.

PADA said...

Completely Adorable. She must have LOVED it.

Cyndy said...

Cute party! Impressive!