Friday, February 11, 2011

Mya the gymnast.

One of my goals as a parent is to let my kids try/experience as many things as possible (within reason of course) so they can figure out who they are, what they like, what speaks to their soul.  Right now, they're trying gymnastics.  And so far it's a big hit.  I took gymnastics when I was young as well.  Probably about Jaida's age.  I fell off the beam once, and scraped up my whole back.  I never went back.  Not necessarily because of the beam fall (although if I still remember it, it must have been slightly traumatic for me) but because gymnastics didn't "speak" to me.  Plus I was going to be way too tall to be a gymnast.  But I still wish I could do a round-off back handspring, or a standing back flip....Hopefully the girls will at least be able to get that far.  I'm not pushing for careers in gymnastics.  Just some cool tricks they can bust out when needs be.












No comments: