Thursday, April 17, 2008

Nausea, dizziness, shortness of breath. . .

All symptoms I felt while sitting in the family room of our new house yesterday. That's right. . .we're officially home owners again! Don't get me wrong, I'm excited and I LOVE the house but as I sat there thinking of all the things we needed to do in the next few weeks I had a mild anxiety attack. Being a home owner is so much work! Yikes.
That being said, we're excited to be in a place of our own and it's hopefully somewhere we can stay for a long time. I won't post on here where it is because some of my friends have made me slightly paranoid about the degree of personal info I put on here, but it's still in Utah and still pretty close to where we live now.
I'll post some pics sometime. . .when I can find a minute to breath in between cleaning, picking out paint colors (UGH) and deciding how to fix the landscaping (double Ugh. . .I am NOT a yard work girl.). I'd ask for recommendations on good paint colors for bathrooms and bedrooms as well as hearty plants for the yard (I have a history for killing things) and flowers, but I have discovered I have a large amount of blog stalkers and a VERY small group of commentors. So I guess I'm on my own. Beige here we come and we'll just hope the previous owners had some tulip bulbs in there somewhere. :)
We went to the house tonight to start cleaning. After 2 1/2 hours I was still working on the kitchen. Blah.
Within 30 minutes Jaida already had friends over to play. I thought it a bit strange that her parents were cool with her playing at our house when they haven't met us, but whatever.
We hired someone to come paint some of the rooms and bathrooms next week (because painting blows) and we'll probably start moving stuff in next weekend. Anyone want to come to a moving party?!

6 comments:

Mommy McD said...

Ha, I don't own a house yet and I get those feelings every time I move! (I think that may be because I've done it 4 times in 18 mos) Good Luck with everything!

Jacqui said...

Congrats on the new house. I love my "beige" paint color. It's a Ralph Lauren color called Sisal, and you can see it here: http://www.myperfectcolor.com/Match-of-Ralph-Lauren-NA10-Sisal-p/mpc0068307.htm

We have painted nearly our main floor in that color. It really doesn't look like the screen. It has a bit more of a greenish hue. We had Sherwin Williams match it in their Promar 400 line, instead of paying premium buckage at Home Depot for the Ralph Lauren paint. I have some if you want to try it on a wall. Just come on by!

We did the living room and downstairs in another Ralph Lauren color, just one shade lighter than Sisal. Anyway, my friend is the one who introduced me to the color. I am more of a "golden" type of girl, but my woodwork/floors has a yellow tone, so the golds looked HORRIBLE. This beige (sisal) looks much better.

Seriously, try it out if you want.

Brit H. said...

Oh man! I am so excited for you guys! And so excited that we are going to live close to eachother...not as close as we live to eachother now, but whatever. haha. I do NOT envy all of the unpacking...done plenty of it myself thank you very much, but we would be happy to help with whatever you need. My husband is super buff and looks extra sexy when he sweats, so he can help with the move, and I can watch your kids. Ha ha, like you would let me do that again! haha. Okay, I am rambling. I will call you...

Hollie said...

Sure'd love to come help you move, but don't know how much an 8 month pregnant woman can do. Painting sucks, picking out paint colors such, good luck on it. I'm sure you'll do a good job. I want to come see your house. Glad you've finally got it.

Brittany said...

Wow! It sounds like you have your hands full. We did different colors in rooms and guess what ended up going back to good old beige. I hate picking out paint. Good luck!

camihubrich said...

So cool. I don't want to come help you move or paint, but I'd love to come over when you have a BBQ. Yup, I did just say that.