Monday, April 14, 2008

One funny kid

So if you haven't figured it out by now when reading the blog, Jaida is hilarious. I laugh all day at her (and sometimes get very frustrated by her wit). Here's a few funny things she's said in the past few days.

Today--getting ready to go on a walk, I put on some of my sunglasses and headed for the door. J looked at me and said "Mom. . .you're one hot rockin' star!"

Yesterday when J got home from church she announced that in her Sunbeam class she "drew a picture that was about when dad had hair."

A few days ago we were in the car and J was questioning me about Mike's mom. Here's how the conversation went:
J: "Is Grandma Marietta dad's mom?"
Me: "Yes"
J: "Then who is Grandma Pat?"
Me: "That's dad's step-mom"
Then there was a little pause. . .and then
Jaida: "I want a step-mom!"
I tried to explain what a step-mom was and she didn't care. . .she really wanted one. Too bad for her. . .she'll NEVER have one!!!

She loves to tell people that "nana is kickin' us out" when they ask why we're moving. If you know my mom, it makes it that much funnier because my mom would probably let us live here forever if we would. :) Well, maybe not.

Jaida talks to herself. All the time. She carries on entire conversations that sometimes can last several minutes. She gets that from my mom who also talks to herself, but denies that she does.

J frequently (and I'm talking like once or twice a day) pats my belly and says "That looks like a baby brother." Only problem is that I AM NOT pregnant. I tell her it's left over from our last baby. And then she'll say, "But I really, REALLY want a baby brother." And then I tell her to talk to her dad (who thinks we're done having kids)!

Lately, anytime I do something for Jaida, or let her do something she wants to do (like wear her swimsuit in the bathtub, or wear some crazy outfit for the day, or crack eggs, or call her friend, etc.) she says "Thanks mom! You're soooo nice." or "You're the best mom in the whole world!" I only document this so that when she's a teenager I can show her there was a time she actually did like me! :)

No comments: