Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Listening problems

Jaida doesn't listen to me. At all. I'm not talking some of the time, I'm talking about all the time. I say something and she either acts like she didn't hear me or she has a very sassy (although creative) remark.
The past two days have been exceptionally harder than most. Thankfully her dad works close and yesterday and just dropped her off at his work. It kept her safe and me out of jail. I kid. But seriously, sometimes she's too smart for her own good. Most of the time I just stare at her and don't even know how to respond. Today I finally said "Jaida" (in the calmest voice I could muster up) "you need to listen to me." She looked at me, pointed right in my face and said "You need to listen to you". Um. . .what? Turn and walk away.
Tonight I went to a baby shower and on my way home called to check on Mike and the girls. I could tell from the tone of his voice he was having as much fun as I had all day with her. She got on the phone and I asked her to "surprise me" and have her pajamas on by the time i got home. A few minutes later she called me (speed dial is a bugger sometimes) and said "DAD'S BEING MEAN." "What did he do?" " he said 'Get your jammies on' and I said NO so he's being mean."

Another funny thing. . .is that what we call it? Funny? Anyway, EVERYTHING is "not fair". If we say no to anything or she doesn't get something she wants it's "not fair." It's still "not fair" even when we say yes to stuff. At least we're pounding it in to her early that life's just not fair. :)

Love, love, love this little girl. And yes, I'm being sincere.

The funniest part. . .about a month ago I was lamenting to Mike how fast the girls were growing up. They were both in a really "good" phase and I mentioned that I wished I could use Jaida's pause button for life and keep them the same age for awhile. Now I'm thinking I either need the rewind button of the fast-forward. :)

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

I feel your pain. Oh, do I ever. Olivia in a nutshell.