Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My old roomate.

Many of you know my friend Melissa. We were paired up as roomates our freshman year at BYU. We lived in the S-tower at Deseret Towers. If it weren't for Melissa, I NEVER would have made it through my freshman year. I'm just not BYU-dorm material. That was a rough year for me. But Melissa. . .she's one of the funniest people I know. We used to have stair races up to our room on the 3rd floor. We knocked down more than one person on our way up. We also tried to teach ourselves to be ambidextrous by practicing handwriting each night before bed. It didn't really work. Melissa petitioned to get pistachio pudding served in the cafeteria. She made a bunch of it, set up a table for people to try it, had them sign a petition, and then presented it to the head of the cafeteria. A few days later, pistachio pudding was on the menu in the cafeteria. I was so proud. She also used to make me listen to Enrique Iglesias in Spanish to improve my skills. I still listen to some of those songs. . .in Spanish. Love that girl. Oh. And she got a 35 on her ACT. She really likes it when I tell people that. :)
This is her. With her new HUSBAND, who also lived in the dorms our freshman year. They didn't really date back then. But finally found each other again. And they're perfect for each other. I had the privilege of being their photographer on their wedding day. Soooooo much fun. For those of you who know her, check out more photos on my photo blog here!

Photobucket

Congratulations Melissa and Lambert. I couldn't be happier for you!!! And good luck on your new life in Boston. We'll have to come visit.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Love those memories. For a minute I was back in my dorm at Ricks.

SJ said...

What an awesome picture. I loved the others on your blog too.