And to top it all off, the stupid racoons are back in my parents attic (those of you following this story in our lives know the drama behind that), and there are still mice running rampant in their storage room. Welcome home mom and dad. They're going to want to stay in Africa and that's saying alot. :)
A few funny stories.
Mya loves her belly. Almost as much as I do. I always ask her "where's your belly" and she proudly lifts her shirt to show the world. Last night she wanted to see MY belly. That's private territory, but she's hard to resist so I let her. She looked at it kind of funny, pushed down on it and said "skish" (squish) "skish" "skish". She then tried to wipe off my stretch marks (which were given to me by her) and then pointed at them and said "ca ca". Time for a tummy tuck. :)
Jaida was getting ready for bed last night and wanted to watch "Caillou" before she went to bed. For anyone who hasn't seen that very lame cartoon, you aren't missing much. It's painful to watch. Mike was watching the end of the NBA finals game so there was a battle for the TV. I'm sure Mike would have given her the TV (because he's nice like that) but I try to keep Jaida from taking over all the time. So I told her she'd have to wait. In a very frustrated/sassy tone she said "It's not father's day so I get to watch what I want to watch." Are you kidding me?
Lastly, I thought I'd post these pics of Jaida. They probably shouldn't make me laugh, but they do. She was pretty hot yesterday with a fever so in an attempt to cool her down, I put wipes on her head. Not sure if that's what you're supposed to do, but I'm kind of winging this whole mom thing anyway. She looks sicker in the pictures than she really was (because she was outside riding bikes with the neighborhood posse 20 minutes later).
Oh. And one more thing. If anyone has any U of U t-shirts they'd like to donate to me, I'd love it. I can't really bring myself to buy any, but you would die at the reaction I get when I wear U of U stuff down here. I thought we were far enough north in Utah county, but apparently not. The first time I wore my Utah shirt (courtesy of Berly. . thanks) outside, I thought the neighborhood was going to lynch me. People I'd never even seen before were giving me nasty looks and commenting about my apparel. Unbelievable.
4 comments:
I love reading your blog. Reading the stories of your girls makes me feel like the craziness that is my life is normal.
I have to admit that I'm pretty excited to see Shane's movie. It looks like a good time. Plus being related to the maker of it makes it even cooler.
I bought a Nikon D40. Not super fancy but it is a huge step up from my point-and-shoot. I'm not exactly professional so I didn't want to spend more than what I did on a camera. A new lens and flash are next on my list of gadgets and gizmos to get. And lastly, thanks for posting all your pictures on a blog. I learn alot from what you post.
Seriously, your crack my up. Winging motherhood and wearing Ute red to get a reaction from the neighbors. LOL!
So I just realized that my earlier comment could be taken the wrong way. I just meant that I like knowing there are other crazy families out there like mine.
Jaida looks so sick! I didn't even realize it was her.
And ghetto yard? Whatever. I hope your neighbors chill out a little.
Post a Comment