Much to Mike's dismay, I put off potty-training Jaida as long as possible. Why? Because I'd rather change 10 poopy diapers a day than clean up 1 poopy mess all over underwear, pants, the floor, the rug, etc. But she turned 3 and I didn't have a choice. And she potty trained in a day, and after a week, she didn't need diapers at night either.

Mya just turned 2. And she thinks she's big. And she wants to go "poop on the potty" and I've put it off as much as possible. But I don't think I can hold it off any longer. She's asking at least twice a day to use the "potty" and usually produces something. So. . .here comes potty training again. She's WAY too young. Ugh. It's a lot easier to tell a 3 year old in Walmart that they have to hold it. A 2 year old--no way. It's a mad dash for the bathroom. Bug.
Maybe this will stop her from deucing in the tub. Which she does regularly. And I AM tired of scooping that out.
So wish us luck. I think we're going to underwear on Monday. But maybe I'll find a way to put it off. :)
4 comments:
I feel your pain. I was trying to delay potty training with Braxton for as long as possible. Mark decided about a month ago that it was time... ugh.
Go for it!! It is way better than having stinky diapers in the garage. You will be so happy to have it over with.
Because of A's potty trauma, I am waiting until Trent walks up to me and says, "Dearest Mother, I just excreted in the toilet, wiped myself, flushed, and cleaned the bathroom." Best of luck with Mya! I can't wait til you have a boy :) heh heh heh
Oh man. Ethan just potty trained and was awesome for three weeks. Then he started pooping in the underwear. N.A.S.T.Y. So, he's back in diapers. I just can't stand it. He can do the potty, and knows what to do, but I am not going to chase him down all day.
PS My girls both potty trained around 22 months and did awesome. It didn't take a day, but it wasn't bad. GOOD LUCK. Don't you love that poop and pee is so integral in our lives?
Post a Comment